This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Although educational outcomes and success in life for all children must start in the earliest years, children from immigrant families and those who are English Learners often face barriers to educational opportunities, particularly in enrolling in high-quality early learning programs. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, is to provide information that will assist and enhance efforts to support immigrant children from birth through the elementary grades. Specific strategies for school staff, parents, and community members to help English Learners and immigrant children and families are presented.
1. Identify what research is saying about the benefits of high-quality early education for all children, including English Learners (ELs) and children from immigrant families.
2. Discuss legal guidelines pertaining to school enrollment and secondary education, English Learners and their parents, children with disabilities, and bullying and harassment.
3. Summarize tips for early learning programs, elementary schools, and educators to promote healthy child development, family and caregiver engagement, and open and welcome environments.
4. Outline specific approaches to engage English Learners and immigrant children/families to increase enrollment, build positive relationships, and enhance school experiences.
5. Evaluate ways to build staff capacity and knowledge that will help alleviate barriers for immigrant families and create success.
6. Review programs, resources, and strategies that are available to immigrant children, parents, guardians, and families to better support educational equity and opportunity for all children.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.