This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Achieving high levels of literacy among young readers continues to be a challenge in the United States, and students need foundational reading and comprehension skills in order to succeed. The purpose of this course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, is to outline expert, research-based recommendations for fostering foundational reading skills in early elementary education. Instructional strategies and activities are presented that will assist students with reading words, relating those words to oral language, and reading text with accuracy and fluency.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize methods to teach academic language skills, including the use of inferential and narrative language, and vocabulary knowledge.
2. Determine ways to help students develop awareness of the segments of sounds in speech and how they link to letters.
3. Identify how to teach students to decode words, analyze word parts, and write and recognize words.
4. Discuss strategies to ensure that students read connected text every day to support reading accuracy, fluency, and comprehension.
5. Evaluate research findings supporting foundational reading instruction and practices.
6. Review specific examples of classroom activities that can be implemented to improve foundational reading skills and comprehension.
7. Outline potential obstacles for implementing the recommendations and probable solutions.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.