This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
In order to prepare our nation’s school-aged children for college, careers, and productive lives, they must first be able to attend safe schools where teaching and learning can take place. This brief, continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education and is designed to assist states, school districts, school staff, parents, students, and other stakeholders who are seeking to develop school climate and school discipline policies and practices that are both locally tailored and grounded in recognized promising practices and research. The course will demonstrate how schools can take deliberate steps to create positive school climates and prevent student misbehavior, while also ensuring fairness and equity for all students.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the impact of the overuse of suspensions and expulsions, while reviewing how exclusionary discipline practices disproportionately impact students of color and students with disabilities.
2. Outline how schools can foster positive school climate and help engage all students in learning by preventing problem behaviors and intervening to support struggling students.
3. Describe ways to develop clear, appropriate, and consistent expectations and consequences to address disruptive student behaviors.
4. Identify applicable action steps and relevant research and resources that will enable school and community members to improve school climate and discipline.
5. Evaluate ways to build staff capacity and continuously evaluate the school’s discipline policies and practices.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.