This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
While substantial evidence indicates that early investments to foster positive child development can reap considerable and lasting gains, an accurate definition and measurement of what it means to flourish as a child is needed. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from Child Trends, is to define flourishing and to discuss ways to assess flourishing in a variety of settings and for different purposes. In addition, ways to prioritize promotive and protective factors for children are discussed.
1. Define what is meant by the term flourishing and highlight the five child well-being domains.
2. Describe ways that flourishing from the start can be measured and monitored.
3. Identify the need to measure and foster protective and promotive factors that will support positive physical, academic, health, behavioral, and emotional outcomes.
4. Evaluate practical challenges that remain in specifying measurements of flourishing and outline recommendations to remedy these roadblocks.
5. Summarize findings from The Flourishing Children Project, including the development of positive constructs to promote well-being.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.