Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
While substantial evidence indicates that early investments to foster positive child development can reap considerable and lasting gains, an accurate definition and measurement of what it means to flourish as a child is needed. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from Child Trends, is to define flourishing and to discuss ways to assess flourishing in a variety of settings and for different purposes. In addition, ways to prioritize promotive and protective factors for children are discussed.
1. Define what is meant by the term flourishing and highlight the five child well-being domains.
2. Describe ways that flourishing from the start can be measured and monitored.
3. Identify the need to measure and foster protective and promotive factors that will support positive physical, academic, health, behavioral, and emotional outcomes.
4. Evaluate practical challenges that remain in specifying measurements of flourishing and outline recommendations to remedy these roadblocks.
5. Summarize findings from The Flourishing Children Project, including the development of positive constructs to promote well-being.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.