CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Although experts realize that loneliness is negatively related to good health and wellbeing, especially among girls, there is little research on factors that may ease the burdens of loneliness in the school setting. The purpose of this brief continuing education course is to examine a study that explored the relationship between girls’ self-reported loneliness and their school well-being two years later, and specifically how this is impacted by having trusted people in their lives. The course, developed using information from Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH), also discusses factors that impact loneliness as well as study methods and results.
1. Identify what is known about the impact of loneliness on girls, including factors that may influence and reduce it.
2. Discuss how loneliness, victimization caused by bullying, and students’ perceptions of academic problems may impact wellness and happiness at school.
3. Describe study methods and procedures, including how loneliness and later school well-being were assessed.
4. Evaluate the impact of having trusted people in their lives on the relationship between girls’ perceived loneliness at school and their self-reported school well-being two years later.
5. Summarize the strengths and limitations of the study as well as future recommendations for research.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.