This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) initiative is a state-led, voluntary effort to establish a single set of clear educational standards for English language arts and mathematics that are designed to ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared for college, work, and success in the global economy. This brief, intermediate level continuing education course was developed to address how Hispanic and ELL students will be impacted by the new standards and how state education leaders can build stronger, more effective strategies to ensure educational success for these students. The course was developed using material from The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) and would be beneficial for educators who work with this large and growing share of the U.S. student population who are not yet being adequately served by our educational system.
1. Review factors that state and districts must consider when planning for the implementation of Common Core State Standards.
2. Discuss the need to align curriculum, instructional materials, and tests used to measure student performance with CCSS.
3. Describe strategies for preparing teachers to effectively teach to the new standards to all students, including English Language Learners and other Latino children.
4. Outline effective methods for communicating information to communities and ELL parents about CCSS implementation to ensure their involvement and support.
5. Identify how the implementation of the new standards can represent an opportunity for Latinos to be adequately prepared and served by our educational system.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.