CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Students with Learning Disabilities (LD) represent the largest category of those receiving special education services in the United States, and when these students receive the types of services, accommodations and supports they need, they can be very successful. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the National Center for Learning Disabilities, provides information about what learning disabilities are and the impact they have on the lives of children during the school-age years. Public perceptions of LD, LD in and beyond school, and emerging issues are discussed.
1. Describe the prevalence and characteristics of individuals with LD, while differentiating between the various types of learning.
2. Summarize academic performance issues and school outcomes for students with learning disabilities.
3. Identify emerging issues impacting those with LD and including how to assess instructional materials, common core standards, online learning, and response to intervention.
4. Review federal laws that protect the rights of children and adults with LD.
5. Evaluate the impact of LD beyond school and across the lifespan.
6. Discuss strategies to improve the graduation rate of students with LD and reduce the drop-out rate.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.