This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The problems that children develop due to child abuse and neglect have negative impacts that emerge throughout the lifespan, affecting their chances to succeed in school, work, and relationships. This continuing education course was developed using collaborative information from the US Department of Education, Administration on Children, Youth, and Families in order to provide information about the complex ways in which risk and protective factors interact within the context of a child’s family, community, and society to affect both the incidence and consequences of child abuse and neglect. Strategies to help educators and other significant adults implement a protective factors approach and work with family members to promote child well-being are addressed, as well practical ways to protect children.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify essential factors that contribute to overall well-being in children and families, and evaluate risk and protective factors for child abuse and neglect.
2. Review the effects of child abuse and neglect, as well as what can be done to address it when it occurs.
2. Discuss how families, educators, community members, and societal circumstances impact both the incidence and consequences of child abuse and neglect.
4. Outline strategies to implement a protective factors approach that will engage and strengthen families.
5. Describe ways to promote nurturing and attachment, parental resilience, social connections, and concrete support when working with children and families.
6. Summarize steps to build meaningful community partnerships to prevent child maltreatment, including tips for working with specific groups.
7. Examine specific tools that members of the child’s support network can provide to parents to help ensure child safety and well-being.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.