This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have taken the position that all young children with disabilities should have access to inclusive high-quality early childhood programs, where they are provided with individualized and appropriate support in meeting high expectations. This brief continuing education course was developed using information from the ED and HHS in order to provide policy that sets expectations for high-quality inclusion in early childhood programs. The scientific and legal foundations for inclusion are presented as well as challenges, ways to build a nationwide culture of inclusion, and recommendations for state and local action.
1. Outline the barriers that children with disabilities and their families continue to face in accessing inclusive high-quality early childhood programs.
2. Discuss policy expectations for high-quality inclusion in early childhood programs.
3. Describe ways to increase public understanding of the science that supports meaningful inclusion of children with disabilities, from the earliest ages, in early childhood programs.
4. Highlight the legal foundations supporting inclusion in high-quality early childhood programs.
5. Summarize recommendations for states, LEAs, schools, and early childhood programs to increase inclusive early learning opportunities for all children.
6. Identify free resources for states, programs, early childhood personnel and families to support high-quality individualized programming and inclusion of children with disabilities in early childhood programs.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.