This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Talking with teens about sex-related topics, including healthy relationships and the prevention of STDs and pregnancy is an important but often difficult task. The purpose of this brief course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, and Child Trends, is to give parents and other adults practical suggestions to help make this task easier. Barriers that make communication difficult, especially with certain cultures, are discussed, as well as actions and approaches to improve these conversations. The course will be beneficial for educators, counselors, and other adults who interact with teens and their parents.
1. Identify practical actions for parents to help strengthen their efforts to engage positively with their teens and to have meaningful discussions with them about sex-related topics.
2. Summarize what teens are saying about how their parents communicate with them about sex, and review their ideas on how this can be improved.
3. Discuss the various topics that should be covered when addressing teen sexuality and healthy relationships.
4. Explain how culture and heritage may impact messages about dating, sex, contraception, and teen parenthood, especially in the Latino community.
5. Analyze barriers to effective communication between adults and teens and identify factors that make communication easier.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.