This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Technology has become increasingly prevalent in early care and education settings, yet little is known about the effectiveness, function, and requirements for technologies that are available to early childhood programs. The purpose of this course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation Administration for Children and Families, is to provide information for early childhood practitioners on the use of technology to support instruction and assessment, parent, family and community engagement (PFCE), and professional development and informal learning. In addition, strategies to facilitate effective use of technology to support early childhood practice are presented as well as challenges that may occur.
CE Course Objectives
1. Explore the potential of current and emerging technologies to support practitioners’ instruction and assessment of young children.
2. Identify how technology can be used to encourage parent, family, and community engagement (PFCE) in early care and education settings.
3. Discuss the use of technology to support professional development and engagement in informal learning.
4. Examine ways to facilitate practitioners’ effective use of technology to support early childhood practice and barriers that may be encountered along the way.
5. Summarize literature findings regarding the use of technology to support early childhood practitioners.
6. Describe how new and familiar technologies can be harnessed for use in early childhood instruction and assessment.
7. Outline recommendations for future research and policy exploration for using technology to support early education.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.