This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
***Due to the age of the material this course will be expiring on 08/29/2018***
This brief, intermediate level continuing education course describes the progress that has been made in the education of students with disabilities since the enactment of the Education for All Handicapped Children Act, Public Law (P.L.) 94-142 in 1975. This law, along with amendments reflected in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), has been responsible for ensuring the civil rights and providing equal access to education for all children with disabilities. The course outlines IDEA-supported programs and services that, together with IDEA support for research, training, and dissemination, have enabled children with disabilities to achieve at levels that would not have been imagined in previous decades.
1. Describe the national impact of IDEA in developing a national infrastructure of supports that are improving results for millions of children with disabilities.
2. Compare and contrast conditions for individuals with disabilities before and after IDEA.
3. Discuss the purposes of P.L. 94-142 and key milestones of early federal support for educating children with disabilities.
4. Provide examples of early childhood accomplishments that have resulted from IDEA.
5. Identify strategies to continue IDEA progress for the next several years in order to improve results for infants, toddlers, children, and youths with disabilities and their families.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.